Pages

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Flashback!

The dress is cute and all but it's got nothing on these snazzy little numbers...



What on earth were we thinking with some of our outfits? Anywho, yes, I definitely like the pockets and the ruffle and I like how you styled it with the red sweater. I wish I could get away with stuff like that. You make it look so easy with your cute little haircut and adorable blond children. :)

What am I working on you ask? Well my mother-in-law and her mother are here at the house today for a short visit. I have some of Reid's baby outfits that Sam should be fitting into soon but they need new elastic in the legs? Have you ever tried to replace elastic in something? Any tips or advice? I almost wish the elastic wasn't enclosed because I'm going to have to rip a few seams to get to it and I'm worried I will damage the fabric. 

I do have something I could use your advice on seeing as you are more of the clothing seamstress while I tend to stick to home decor. Reid has replaced a bunch of his dress shirts and was planning to donate a bunch to Goodwill. I kept five of them because I actually wore them with leggings toward the end of my pregnancy when nothing else would fit. They're super soft and nice chambray type material. So my question is this: What should I do with them? Sew something for Sam? Or try to pull together something for myself? Ideally, I'd like to do both and obviously I can easily make it work for Sam but my dilemma comes in making something to wear for myself. What do you think?

Here's a pic of the colors so you can see what I'm working with.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Emily!

    It's Kait from Lehigh...

    Maybe you can make the shirts into a quilt for your son. Like this: http://pieceandpress.blogspot.com/2011/01/shirting-quilt.html

    I hope all is well... You look great and your son is super cute! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! I've seen those around before. I wonder if I can find a tutorial that tells me how many shirts I would need... I might have to wait until he wears out a few more. :)

    ReplyDelete