Pages

Thursday, June 16, 2011

To My Dear Emily,

Where to start, okay first off, I love love love love the tutorial you posted on the bibs.  What a great idea!  Wish I had had those in my baby days.  I will love to see what you come up with as far as that goes.

 The Question At Hand:
Your shutters aren't the worst thing I've ever seen (like the red mini blinds in Revel's room).  However I know you are just like me in that things like that just drive me crazy until I get them replaced.  I also have three windows very similar to the ones in your guest room in my living room.  They only have a cloth blind at the moment, which was there when we moved in because I haven't attempted that room yet.  However I have tossed around many ideas as far as window coverings are concerned.  Have you considered one long curtain rod with several panels that hang between the windows when open?  You could even get a double rod and include a sheer behind it.  OR what about roman shades?  I've never attempted them but I will try anything once.  They would be nice because you could show off your beautiful molding around your windows (I'm such a sucker for great molding....a sick obsession I know).  OR if privacy isn't a huge issue, cafe curtains are always cute and I found these towels ( almost like dish towels or something of that sort but bigger) at our local farm & feed store that are just white and would work perfect.  Whatever their real purpose is, yours probably has them too.  I love cafe curtains because they are somewhat dainty and feminine but not overly so.  AND if you get clips for the hooks, you might be able to manage a no-sew solution.

on a side note:
Word on the street, is that my husband might be going out of town in the next week or so and for those of you who don't know what that means, let me let you in on my little secret.  First of all, that means my satin sheets on the bed, whatever I want on the tv, AND I am going to paint the stuffins out of my living room.  So stay tuned for that project..it promises to be a doozy.

time for dinner:
Okay last but not least, then I'll leave you alone.  I tried a new recipe for dinner tonight and it was fabulous so I thought I'd share.  I love to try new recipes because it keeps my family on their toes.  I've been doing it long enough now to not have to read the recipe verbatum and can add here and there what will compliment well.  So to this recipe I added garlic and red pepper and served it over rice it was AMAZING!  The only thing I would do different is set some marinade aside before putting raw chicken in it to use as sauce for the rice.  That marinade is the BESTEST part.  Give it a try sometime and let me know what you come up with for your add-ins.

Pineapple Chicken Tenders Recipe
PINEAPPLE CHICKEN TENDERS

Ingredients

  • 1 cup pineapple juice
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/3 cup light soy sauce
  • 2 pounds chicken breast tenderloins or strips
  • skewers

Directions

  1. In a small saucepan over medium heat, mix pineapple juice, brown sugar, and soy sauce. Remove from heat just before the mixture comes to a boil.
  2. Place chicken tenders in a medium bowl. Cover with the pineapple marinade, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
  3. Preheat grill for medium heat. Thread chicken lengthwise onto wooden skewers.
  4. Lightly oil the grill grate. Grill chicken tenders 5 minutes per side, or until juices run clear. They cook quickly, so watch them closely

No comments:

Post a Comment