Pages

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

TREASURE!!

I love the Goodwill or any thrift store for that matter.  Looks like you did well my friend.  I usually do better at yard sales for children's clothing but that's just me.  The older children get the harder it is to find things that aren't too worn for them.  I always look for things they don't wear too much such as winter coats/ boots, things like that.  Great job though! 

AND SO THE MOMENT YOU'VE AL BEEN WAITING FOR...

( not the greatest photo...but hey)  Okay so I bought this shirt which was a men's dress shirt from a yard sale for $1.  it was a regular XL men's collared shirt nothing special.  I realize looking back that I should have taken a pic but hey, hind site is 20/20.  So I cut my pieces using a tshirt I have that that fits pretty good and doesn't stretch anywhere on me.  I cut 1/2 inch around for seam allowance.  Then...here's the kicker...these things always happen to me....as I'm cutting, somehow I accidently cut a big slice into the middle of the back of the shirt.  UGH!  REALLY?  So here's what I did.

I used chalk ot draw th leaves.


I then cut the leaves out.

Then I took a piece fo scrap fabric and pinned it to the inside or wrong side of the fabric like this.

Then I stitched around the leaves.  And this is what I came up with.
I then repeated a similar pattern on the front for continuity.
Next I sewed the pieces together as normal and added a piece around the neck for the tie.  It's very kimonoesque don't ya think.

Pictures of the detail.

And so there it is!  I LOVE IT!  And I hope you find it inspiring at the least.  Can't wait to see what you come up with.



1 comment: