Pages

Monday, July 11, 2011

Upcycling: Men's button-down shirt

Here it is. The moment you've all been waiting for.

(Pardon this post for being picture heavy. I feel like I'm beating a dead horse by telling you everything I've done to it again. You can read about my adventures in men's shirt upcycling here, here, and here. Sheila did an awesome job here too.)











All pictures were taken by my husband. Can you see the difference between his pictures and my craptastic iPhone pictures? I've really got to get some lessons. So those are all the detail shots. You can see I changed out the collar. The messiness of the braided collar wasn't doing it for me so I took every single scrap of fabric I had left and cut out as many 2" strips as I could. I stitched all the strips together ignoring whether or not the plaid matched up since I planned to gather the entire thing anyway. 

Here are some outtakes from our photo shoot up at Reid's office. Reid had to go up to get his camera so I figured it would be a good opportunity to stage some shirt shots. Entertaining a 7 month old while trying to pose for photos is fun!





And one last photo before I leave you. This is my scrap pile of what's left from the original shirt. I didn't use a single scrap of fabric that didn't come from this shirt. Only thing I added was new buttons and some elastic. Amazing, huh? 






No comments:

Post a Comment