Pages

Monday, August 22, 2011

Christmas Project #2

Two more Christmas presents down today...I am on a roll people!!  Did you miss my Christmas list?  Or my first Christmas sewing project?

Well here we go!

Every Christmas Eve we have a tradition in the Baker casa where we let the kids open one present which is ALWAYS new Christmas jammies.  The tradition so far has been a huge hit with the kids and last year Josh and I joined in too. I ended up with footie jammies which I LOVE!  Here's a pic of me and the kids in our Christmas jammies.

               
(Since Josh didn't make it in the family photo with his jammies I included one of him too)

Anywho...so this year in the interest of saving money and having a handmade Christmas, I made the kids Christmas jammies (yes in August...get over it).  You can follow this tutorial to make the pants pattern.  I used a pair of pants for each that was one size too big....I mean we are talking about 4 months away....and I like to have room to grow.

So here they are!

Aren't they cute?  I used cotton flannel that I have had FOREVER.  It's drafty in this old house in the winter months and flannel will keep them warm and toasty. 

But WAIT FOR IT!  WAIT FOR IT!  You know I can't do anything simple...and I have a slight obsession with embroidery and letters at the moment...so here is the embellishment.

SOOOOOOO CUTE!!!

Ollie obviously gets the bow, her butt just isn't big enough for the letters....lol.  I can't wait to give them to them. They are going to love them.  I'm going to have to include a shirt for Ollie (Revel won't wear one to bed anyway)  But I think I'll just buy one and embellish it for her.  Can everyone say "FUTURE POST".  I'll let ya know. 
Wish I could give you a pic of these on some little smiling bodies, but you'll have to wait for the big day!  Hope you like...can't wait to see what tomorrow brings.


No comments:

Post a Comment