Pages

Monday, August 15, 2011

Kindergarten Sunshine!

I haven't been around much in the last couple of days because we are about to set out on a new life adventure.  I'm thinking of it as the light at the end of the tunnel...a cross between a moving train, and heaven...lol. 

We're going to Kindergarten!!!

I have been a stay-at-home mom on and off now for 5 years, since my son Revel was born.  It has been a love hate relationship but I wouldn't have changed it for the world.  But like all of you stay-at-home moms of 5 year olds who are getting ready to go to school for the first time, IT'S TIME!  He absolutely drives me crazy during the day.  I cannot keep him busy enough and he doesn't want to do ANYTHING that I suggest.  There's only so many times you can so no to tv and video games in a day...HONESTLY. 

My frist mistake with Revel was thinking that as an infant and toddler that I needed to play with him every second.  That's what good parents do right?

Lesson #1
Don't play with your kids!  (Emily, take this lesson to heart)  Of course you should play with your kids, but they need to be able to keep themselves busy as well.  Beleive me, you'll thank me when they're 5 and not hanging from your pant leg like Revel.

I love this kid to death but he cannot keep himself busy to save his life.  If he's doing something, he wants you right there with him....so kindergarten is a dream come true.  AND to top it off, this is the first year for full day kindergarten for our school district....(all together now) .....WOOOOO HOOOOO! 

Now don't get me wrong, this moment is very sad.  Sad in the fact that for the next 13 years he will be going to school.  That he won't snuggle with me on the couch whenever we want and share edamame during the week.  But believe me, there will be plenty of time for that after school. 

So I am trying to spend as much time with my little man as possible before tomorrow comes.  But inbetween I am working on a pillow.  It's been quite a project for a pillow cover but you'll love it.  If I get it done today I will post it tonight.  But for now enjoy these pictures of what used to be, my baby.






Look at that hair!!!!!  I miss that hair!

No comments:

Post a Comment