Pages

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Tshirt Mania


I may be a day late and a dollar short on this one....but Emily, I vote for the navy! Wanna see Emily's DYE failure? I mean what else are you going to do besides put them in the closet for another year? (that's what I'd do).  I am totally scared of dying anything unless it involves tye dye..lol.  I should experiment though, confront my fear if you will.  Can't wait for the update on that though, so keep us all posted.

Now as for our newest member of the family, did anyone see her new park blanket?  If not you have to see it.  To be honest, I'm a little intimidated just to follow that post.  I want to grommet everything now!  What a great idea.  And I love the size.  I may have thought to go smaller, but you were totally on the money, plenty of room and I'm so glad you didn't end up with a wet rear...UGH!  I HATE A WET REAR!

WHAT I'VE BEEN UP TO?

For Revel's 3rd birthday (yes almost 3 years ago), we had a painting party and the kids painted tshirts.  Well the other day I was rumaging through my craft things and found ...2....leftover shirts.  Now normally people would not be excited about such a find....BUT....hi, my name is Sheila, and I'm a leftover junkie.  I make it a policy to ALWAYS buy extra of everything so I can relive this exact experience over and over...can we all say HOARDER?  Anyway..they were size 2-3 which is on the small side of Ollie's current wardrobe size so I figured I had better use 'em or lose 'em.  Here is a pic with her and the regular white tshirt.  (I had to pay her in candy for these photos so they aren't good)


So for the first one I used the technique I used on the upcycled men's button down shirt project that Emily and I partook in.  I just seem to gravitate towards leaves (I always have).  But Ollie's is of course more colorful and I wanted to change the neckline seeing as I'm reusing a plain tshirt.  So here is what I came up with for the first tshirt.

 I used bias tape for the neck and cut the leaves and sewed scrap fabric behind the holes.  I LOVE the way it came out.  Now hopefully she can keep the spills on the colorful patches and not on the white tshirt...we all know that won't workout..lol

Now for the second tshirt.  Ollie has a friend who turned two this weekend and so I decided she needed a shirt as well.  Check it out!


This one I took an old green tshirt and cut a tube the same width as the neck and attached it as a sorta cowl.  I then made three flowers...the same flowers I made for my new flip flops.  You can check that out here.  And then the pocket is made out of the green tshirt again.  I love love love it.  And hopefully Ms. Alexis does too.
Hope this helped someone out there with plain ole tshirts hanging around, I mean seriously, the possibilities are ENDLESS!

No comments:

Post a Comment