Pages

Friday, September 16, 2011

New Duds!


Since I am featuring two sewing projects this post, I thought I'd share a glimpse of my sewing room that I am slowly but surely coming together.  I bought these little numbers two days ago at a HUGE antique mall in Bloomington.  On the tag, it said "Stretchers" and my grandmother said they may be pant stretchers but no one is for sure.  They do make great wall art though don't ya think?  I thought I'd share.

Now on to the business at hand.  It is getting cooler outside my poor children look like paupers because they do not have too many cool weather clothes that fit properly.  We had to go buy Revel new jeans last weekend because one day last week he got on the bus and I could see his ankles..POOR KID...at least his only in kindergarten..he doesn't know better yet..lol.  And poor Ollie is about in the same shape.  Revel won't ever wear anything I sew for him...so Ollie it is then.  I had some untouched fabric laying around and we needed somethings with sleeves so here we are.  ENJOY!


                These pics were taken with the old camera    basically THEY SUCK!  Sorry!  But I wanted to attempt for you to see the back detail with the scallop edge for the button holes.  All in all it turned out well I thought.  And best part of all, it's a little big so we can grow into it over the winter months to  come.    



 
I love this dress and I love the length.  Won't it be sooo cute with some leg warmers?  Click the link to learn how to make your own little leg warmers.  Anywho. 





 Don't you love the hood?  I finally perfected my hood pattern.  Took me a while but I got it down now.  This is a super cute dress that will live with us through the rest of the cold months and can help us ring in spring as well.  Hope you enjoyed the inspiration!


No comments:

Post a Comment