Pages

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Summer Vacation!

Per Alyda's suggestion, I'm writing a blog post.

No need to explain where I've been, right? Let's just get on with the fun stuff.

There are so many crafty things I've been putting off doing the last couple of months. I'm working on a sewing project I started a few weeks ago and I'm about 1/3 of the way finished but I can't reveal it since it's a gift so you'll just have to wait on that one. Now that I've finished the first Hunger Games book (did either of you read those? Sooo good.) I can probably get it finished in a few hours. It's not difficult, just tedious.

One of the other big things that's been neglected lately, besides the blog :), is cleaning. My floors are begging for a good clean so I'm starting with the living room rug. It's just a basic rug we got on sale at Home Depot a few years ago but with no padding under it and two 150 lb. dogs sleeping on it it has definitely seen better days.

I've pushed everything off of it and I'm about to go sprinkle baking soda all over to help remove some of the doggy smell but I'm wondering if I shouldn't invest in a carpet pad while I've got it exposed. Do you use that carpet powder that smells nice or just baking soda? Or nothing? Sheila, you've got big dogs. How do you keep your house from smelling like a kennel?

One of the things we love about this house is there was no carpet anywhere. But it has also turned into one of the things I hate. Part of me desperately wishes we had installed carpet somewhere, even just the bedrooms, but knowing how bad Reid's allergies are and seeing as Sam is probably in the same boat it just doesn't seem like an option.

So my question for you ladies is this: Do you have anything under your area rugs to make it a little more cushy or do you just avoid the area rug thing altogether? I've tried the cheap rubber mat things and they don't seem to make any difference at all so I'm thinking buying a piece of carpet foam and trimming it to fit is my best choice.

Off to sprinkle and sew!


No comments:

Post a Comment