Pages

Friday, January 10, 2014

Emily's Resolutions

Since Sheila went ahead and shared her resolutions I figured I could share mine also. Although, mine aren't as grand as hers and I'm not nearly as confident in my ability to see them through. My resolutions aren't so much things I want to do/accomplish so much as they are changes I want to make to my daily habits that would save time, energy, money or sanity for me.

So here goes.

1. Make the bed more often. I've been trying to work on this for the last month or so and it's going alright. I don't spend a lot of time in our bedroom, in fact most days I don't go up there at all until bedtime, but I know that it makes a difference so I'm trying to consciously put forth the effort to pull the sheets and comforter up and arrange the five pillows and lay the quilt folded at the foot of the bed.

2. Stop using the "touch up" cycle on the dryer to fluff and dewrinkle clothes that weren't folded as soon as the cycle was finished. I know the dryer is an energy hog even though it's new and energy efficient and such. And I also know that sometimes this is unavoidable if I throw a load in and leave the house and don't return home until much later. But if I'm there and I know it's stopped I want to make an effort to go fold those clothes while they are still warm and wrinkle free instead of hitting the 20 minute touch up…… ahem, multiple times…….

3. Run more. I don't have any lofty goals to run a full or half marathon and I'm pretty sure this will be the second year of the 10k but that's ok. I just joined Planet Fitness so I can get back to it after a two month break. Maybe once it warms up I'll feel more invigorated to take on a longer distance but right now there just aren't any races on the horizon I want to train for so I'm just going to run for fun.

4. Explore more with Sam. He's obviously a homebody. The second we get in the car after school or Music Class he says he wants to go home. So sometimes that makes exploration and adventure a little challenging on the days we don't have anywhere to go. But once the weather warms up I want to cover every inch of trails in the state historic park that's just three miles away. And maybe venture a little further once summer gets here and school is done for awhile.

So those are my challenges for myself this year. The first two are probably a lot easier than the last two but we'll see. Sheila, maybe you and Alyda can start posting about your half marathon training instead of crafting? What kind of plans are you using? What are you eating, wearing, etc? What are your must have running gadgets? Even though I'm not going the distance I can still chime in on some of those topics. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment