Pages

Friday, January 10, 2014

Is it Friday yet?

Alright…so?? We (here in the great state of Indiana) are finally starting to thaw. One night the wind chill got down to -30. Now that’s ridiculous ya’ll. I mean that’s polar bear temperature. And so…since we couldn't leave the house for 3 days because we loved our fingers and toes too much to part with them to frost bite, we went stir crazy with cabin fever. While doing that, we played many games, cooked and ate WAY too much, and I read my new book. Which if you’re not reading or haven’t read, I’m considering not being your friend…RIGHT NOW! So hop to..here it is:




It’s laugh out loud funny and is hard to put down. Completely non-educational (unless you consider taxidermy and mental illness educational of course), but it’s fun and light hearted and who doesn’t need that while they’re losing their mind being stuck indoors with two kids, a husband, a dog, two cats, and …YES…four chickens………all of which would rather be outside.

Chickens? You ask. Well hell yea chickens. They don’t want to be out when it’s 30 below either. But I am not a TOTAL crazy person….I kept them in the garage with a space heater. You know I wanted to bring them in but Josh wouldn’t let me…….WHAT A PARTY POOPER! That should have been his New Year’s Resolution….to not poop on my parties. Good thing he’s so handsome!

Well as for this weekend, I’m going to attempt to put in the new sink from the “Great Flood of 2012” where Ollie flooded the downstairs bathroom and ruined the vanity. Since the flood however, we have managed (and when I say we, I mean “I”) have managed to strip all the wallpaper of the walls and paint, remove a gigantic vanity and sink, replace the toilet, and lay all new slate tile all the way down the hallway, into the bathroom, and into the laundry room. I
even have a mirror to hang in the bathroom already, just need a sink. So this weekend might just be my weekend. Stay tuned for that debacle =0) I’ll be sure to include pictures next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment